Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Project 365 Day 12

As the wife of a fireman, I see many aspects from the fireman/EMT's view. I have seen the heartache that comes from not being able to save a house, a person, a child. This photo was not something from my own camera, but it is a reality to me in my life. Often times a Fireman cannot share his feelings, cannot show the hurt anger, frustration that he often goes through. Those who do not share these feelings do not live with the fears and the feelings that these Brave men and women carry on their shoulders.

The angel with her head upon his shoulder... there have been times that I know my husband must have had an angel right there with them. Fireman has had some close calls. I know his Angel was there.

Many of today's men and women put their lives on the line to help serve protect and give services to the people in the area. Their pays are sometimes null, or very close to none. Their pay is actually that they are serving their fellow man and it is always a good day when their deeds have saved lives or property.

There are days that they do not get to spend time with their own families- whether it be a regular day, a holiday, 3 AM or 6 PM, giving up their nice warm dinners for those that were saved in the microwave for them.

Yes this photo has meaning. Probably more meaning to those fire and EMT personnel that deal with their jobs on a day to day basis. I still wanted to share, because sometimes people just a little reminding.


1 comment:

Momof3 said...

Beautiful thoughts. Thanks