Monday, January 2, 2012

What do you do to make things easier?

I sincerely hope that everyone has welcomed 2012 and that the new year shows promise for you!

As I entered the new year, I have a list of things to tackle and maintain. One of my many tasks on that list is to be able to maintain my paperwork.

A lot of the paperwork I have are things I find and save on my computer. I have been trying to find a way to manage all of this. I LOVE patterns- sewing, crochet, scrapbooking.

One of the things I did convert over to in November to help with clutter was scrap booking. I am seriously considering selling all of the scrap book stuff to make more room in the closets! I fell in love with My Memory Suite Granted I was asked to try the product out and blog about it, which you can find HERE.  And if you look through my stuff I have on the Right hand side of my blog, you will see a MMS code for a discount on this program.  I know there are probably other software out there that may fit your needs, but honestly I fell in love with this program.  It has helped me get scrap booking done that I would not have been able to do in the past because I did not feel like dragging everything out just to get it all picked up and put away again, leaving more time to play!

Now as for my patterns.  I LOVE patterns done in PDF so that they are easier to store on the computer!  If I really like a pattern that has not been saved in a PDF form I usually saved them as a word format; cut and pasted over.  I just recently found a program to help create a website into a PDF and I am very excited about it.  I certainly hope that it helps me remember where I got the pattern and easier for storage as well!  You can check out the web to PDF called Joliprint for more information and I will hopefully have more news regarding this at a later post!

Another little  HUGE change - Mom and Dad gave me a gift card for Christmas in which I put towards a Kindle Touch!  I have went through my books and downsized quite a few.  I know I will probably never read them seeing as how I have had some over 7 years and they are sitting around and collecting dust and taking up space.  I love the fact that the Touch as enough room to store 3,000 books on it, and I have been playing with it to let you all know how I like it and all the neat little tricks.  I have also read my first book on it, Creatura, By Nely Cab. I'll definitely have to review it as well!  I loved being pulled into a good story line. Here's the trailer to the book!


I am sure I will find more ways I can improve things around the house, but I think the best way is to just get off my duff and tackle them.  I am hoping to get back into my cleaning routine and follow more of flylady.

Here's to a New Year, a new start, and hopefully the feel of a clean house!




No comments: