Saturday, January 7, 2012

Guest Post: Nely Cab; Author for "Creatura"




Hello, to Tina and to you, the readers that have taken time to stop by.
Today, Tina has asked me to tell you about how I came up with the plot for Creatura. It’s a strange story…
It started when I was ten years old. I started having these dreams of a little boy who would play with me. Yes, I realize how creepy that sounds, now, but at the time, it didn’t scare me.
As I grew older, the boy in my dreams grew older, too. I told no one about him…until now.
The dreams would play out several times a month, and then would stop for a period of four to five years. This became a pattern for much of my life. When I would least expect it, he would be there again, waiting to strike up a conversation.
It’s very rare that I would remember what he would say, but I do remember the way he looked at me. And though his physical appearance varied, his voice and his personality were how I identified him.
When I was in my twenties, I stopped dreaming of this young man. I wondered in what part of my dreams he was hiding.
When I was older and married, I dreamt of him again. This time, he showed me what he really looked like. He was more than beautiful. He spoke very little, and dream seemed much shorter than usual. Then at that two-second interval between consciousness and unconsciousness, where time seems to slow down, I heard his voice utter one word. It was his name. “David,” he said, and he was gone.
In my thirties, I began to write short stories. I thought about how incredible it was that David had been with me through my whole life and as strange as it may seem, I wondered if he was a real person living another time or place or plane of existence.
My imagination began to wander into a world where he was alive. I dreamt of a world where dreams were made, and I thought, “This is where he lives.” But my imagination did not stop there. “What if…” I contemplated, “What if he was real?” And from that instance, Creatura was born.
Thanks for taking the time to visit Tina on Not Me Did It…and for reading my crazy story.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/nelycab
Find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/authornelycab
Find Creatura on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Creatura.by.NelyCab




4 comments:

KB Miller said...

Nely I loved this!! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Amazing! I loved it! I wish I dreampt of some boy who stayed with me my whole life :/ Thank you for sharing Nely and Not Me Did It!

liliac lily said...

Amazing !! A dream come true ! Love ya lots Nely !!

Manny F Morales said...

That's awesome :)