Thursday, December 16, 2010

Milestones and smiles...

Christmas. It's everywhere. In the stores, in the cars, on the radio, even at home.. Everyone I know is getting their lists for Christmas tackled so that they can enjoy their friends, family and loved ones.

It's the same here, but I am finding it very tiring. One more day of school before the kids are home for 2 weeks for Winter break. I seem to recall when it was actually known as Christmas break... Oh well.

We are celebrating all of the milestones and smiles that we come across from Gracie each day. It seems as though every time I turn around Gracie is learning something new. Rolling over front to back, attempting back to front, grabbing her spoon while I am feeding her, and she has found her new favorite toy and thing to do.. We have been putting her in the Johnny Jumper that Grandpa got for the lil' squirt and if she's not in it she's just not as happy as she could be. When we started putting her in, she really wasn't aware of what she was supposed to do in it, but in the last 2 days she has learned that she can bounce it all around. She absolutely adores being in it. She swirls around, bounces up and down, playing with her toys, watches Mommy cooking and baking, laughs at the kids, and yes, even falls asleep in it!

Yesterday while feeding her breakfast- her daily norm of oatmeal and apples and banana's - the 5 1/2 month old cracked me up. She started GRABBING my spoon I was feeding her with out of my hand!  At least she knew where it was to go...

I ended up giving her her very own spoon to be eating with but she wasn't happy until she had food on it for herself!  Her appetite has really picked up regarding solids and she thrives to eat with the family.




As I mentioned about getting ready for Christmas... Yes, I am STILL working on cards.  We took a really nice photo of the kids for the cards this year... Only to find out that someone had put their sticky fingers all over the lens making the photos taken really blurred.  It seems to have taken forever to get them re-taken, but they are done!

I think the kids had a blast posing for the photos!  Look at all of those big smiles... Except for Gracie.. I think she used up all of her smiles earlier in the day. :O(

I also got some photos of the kids alone that I will be updating the website with... now just to tackle the fireman and get him to stand still for an update photo of us two...

As most of you know, Hubby is a firefighter; therefore we were so excited to find this little outfit that she is wearing in this photo.  the little hat came from one of the Fire Department's pancake breakfast and were available for the kids to wear.

Here is a photo of the beautiful dress that I was originally supposed to be in the Christmas photos..
From our house to yours... We pray that everyone has the best holiday and that peace will be present in your hearts and homes.  Enjoy your Christmas season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe! How wonderful! Your story is so beautiful, it almost makes me want another baby, but I shake it off and come to my senses! LOL!

~ Marian :)

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel