Friday, November 12, 2010

Yes, It's been a while

Why? Life Happens. It just happens. Just when you think you are getting on your feet once again, where did they hide that metal ball bat? Oh it's where? Usually I find it and usually it's dealing with me or my life.

Why is it that when I actually get the nerve to type up something for my blog the baby is screaming (4 month shots today) or one of the kids did something to another kid, and then you just get to the point where you tell the kids to "duke it out" after you take them to a local cemetery to pick out their plot first. Natural Consequences, Right? I am not going to be on this Earth their entire life to break up fights and re-direct...

Now as far as this Metal Ball bat... it's imaginary.. We named it "Murphy" as in Murphy's Law.

Just when you least expect it Murphy comes into your home and wreaks havoc all over your family.

Anything that can go wrong will go wrong... At the worst possible moment.

GERD. Puking. A diaper that's been filled so much (without the help from the good old prunes) up to the point of the shoulders (and yes, a bath WAS required!).

A school up in arms with the community and vice versa over a levy. Pay to Play.

A hubby who was in a Semi Truck Accident (That's a totally different beast and will not need to say any more)

A house that gets cleaned, only for a gust of wind, a tornado and hurricane (yes I gave them the wrong names at birth) to come ripping into my house and destroy all of the "gusto of all glory" of cleaning jobs.

Life Happens.

How about that little itsy bitsy shot glass that is put on that serving tray with all of the 2500 glasses.. and they say that one shot glass can't break the balance.

How about everyone thinking you are mean and nasty and have nothing at all nice to say, when inside you want to scream "Honey you haven't heard the best part!!"

How about trying to balance life. Just TRYING to balance it..

Asking for help when you are usually the one someone calls for help... That's a touchy for me!

Ever have something said to you that you are not sure if you should take it one way or another?

Post Par-tum Depression... YUP totally here and dealing with that as well. Ever sit around and just think you just wanna ball over a crumb being on the floor after you just swept and scrubbed that said floor ON YOUR HANDS AND KNEES!

How about not signing your kid's homework assignment book because the assignments were not put inside and they EXPECT you to sign it anyways... HA HA! Try sending it back to school, not filled out and NOT signed, only to have the teacher write in the book that the assignments were online. Ha! Where is the natural consequence for not writing it in! How are they expected to learn! As in the book "Getting your children to mind without losing yours... "sometimes you gotta pull the rug out from under the little buzzards to make them fly" - Well, at least that's how I remember it going and I was doing pretty good to remember the verse much less the book.

Life Happens.

When Life happens. I go quiet. I sulk. I remember that when you feel sorry for yourself it makes you weak.

There are soooo many other problems in people's lives that are worse than my own.

I need to shake the dust off that has settled upon my back and get rid of the black rubber marks from all those tires running over me and fight back.

It's out. I don't really care if someone thinks I am bitching or not. HA. I don't need validation from anyone. These are real feelings. I feel them. If others don't approve... then hey don't read it.

I wanted to write a nice and pretty blog post for today... Guess it's just turned into a rant.

On another note; This is something Nora sent me that really hit home with things here. I hope it helps you as well.

Fable of the porcupine 
 
It was the coldest winter ever. -  Many animals died because of the cold. The porcupines, realizing the situation, decided to group together.  This way they covered and protected themselves; but the quills of each one wounded their closest companions even though they gave off heat to each other. After awhile, they decided to distance themselves one from the other and they began to die, alone and frozen. So they had to make a choice: either accept the quills of their companions or disappear from the Earth. Wisely, they decided to go back to being together. This way they learned to live with the little wounds that were caused by the close relationship with their companion, but the most important part of it, was the heat that came from the others. This way they were able to survive.

Moral of the story:
Learn to love even those little pricks in your life.




No comments: