Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where were you?

Disbelief.
Questions.
Sadness which turned to horror.
Scared.
Oblivious.



I remember where I was... and I remember after the third plane turned back around it was actually flying a path back towards Washington pretty darn close to over my home. Brutally, Americans were struck and they never saw it coming.

I don't know the statistics of how many people passed. I know that there were one too many. All of the employees who were in those buildings working; the firemen, policemen, even all of those families who were watching and praying that their loved ones were still alive.

All of those stories that have been told. Some of those stories share the horror of the days and weeks to come. Some told of that day. The phone calls from loved ones before they passed. Those who were taking a day off from working or showing up late to work by what seems to be the act of a blessing.

I will never forget waking up to the unrealistic reality of what happened that day. If only for a few moments... the world did stop turning, even if it were only for me.

Please keep those individuals and families involved with this demise in your hearts, thoughts and prayers.

Where were you when the world stopped turning?

"WE SHALL NEVER FORGET"
Click here for the documentary 

No comments: